Are you looking for a dynamic career in a growing professional firm where you can work on a broad range of interesting assignments with clients in a wide variety of industries? Are you a high achiever looking for a career where your future will only be limited by your own potential and ambition?
At Williams & Partners Forensic Accountants Inc., we’re always interested in hearing from smart, enthusiastic, talented individuals who want to work in an environment where creativity and teamwork are celebrated, initiative is rewarded, and a good work/life balance can be found.
The Associate – Valuation and Forensic Accounting will be an integral part of the team in servicing our clients with the utmost care and consideration providing full range of valuation and forensic accounting services through our hands-on, personalized approach. As an Associate for Williams & Partners, you will be working with both our Valuation and Forensic team. The firm provides financial analysis, forensic accounting and valuation services to companies and their legal counsel. You will be primarily responsible for assisting the firm’s Partners responsible for Valuation and Forensic files.
Responsibilities will include:
• Providing valuation support to our Partners and clients such as impairment analysis, going concern analysis, valuations to support corporate restructuring, and valuations for business combination
• Preparation of financial schedules and reports for our major clients for insured losses (i.e. insurance companies, independent insurance adjusters, law firms, corporations, business owners and individuals).
• Calculating losses for accident benefits, disability benefits, business interruption, personal injury, inventory loss, and fraud investigations. The losses include but are not limited to Accident Benefits, Disability Benefits, Business Interruption, Personal Injury (loss of earning capacity), Inventory losses, and Fraud investigations
• Performance of financial analysis in the context of legal or potentially legal disputes
• Conduct economic and industry research
• Analysis of financial and non-financial information
• Preparing reports and analysis for Partners and clients
• Responding to client inquiries in a timely manner
• Meeting appropriate time budget and deadlines as expected per file
• Maintenance of appropriate legislative knowledge on an ongoing basis
• Assisting the Partners and clients with buy-side and sell-side valuation advice including pricing/market analysis, target company valuations, and purchase price allocations
• Chartered Professional Accounting designation in good standing
• Working towards or completion of other accounting designations an asset, yet not required
• 3-5 years’ experience working with private investments, which could include valuing and/or conducting due diligence in respect of private investments.
• Experience in forensic and investigative accounting would be an asset but not required Experience interacting with senior management and other external advisors is an asset
• Technical experience in Excel and Word as well as understanding of computerized general ledger systems such as Accpac and Quickbooks
• Strong technical accounting abilities
• Knowledge of legislation and a keen ability to learn new legislation is a key element of this position
• Organizational skills with superior attention to detail / accuracy
• Excellent ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
• Aptitude to work in a team environment as well as independently
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their resumes to email@example.com, quoting job # WPBV. For more information about Williams & Partners, please visit our website: www.williamsandpartners.com.
Please read this ad again. If you are one of the people we are looking for, please send your resume and cover letter to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those suited will be contacted. No agencies please.